Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
Requisition ID: 196968
Plans, writes, edits, proofreads, and coordinates the production of simple to highly complex documents and presentations for accuracy, consistency, professional quality, and conformance to appropriate style guide. May provide operational direction to a technical editing staff.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives little to moderate operational and functional direction from responsible supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May provide supervision or operational direction to a small staff of technical editors or may act as lead editor on a large assignment.
- May provide supervision or operational direction to other document production groups.
- Internal customers
- Other members of technical editing staff, graphics, word processing, vendors, and document control and reproduction centers
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Plans, writes, edits, and proofreads documents and presentations ranging from simple to highly complex. Plans formats of documents, organizes content, edits text and graphics, and prepares instructions for reproduction. Works on-line as required.
2. Reviews document/presentation requirements (including budget and schedule) with customers and then recommends and coordinates word processing, graphic design, reproduction support, and any additional editorial support.
3. Edits and/or rewrites draft documents. Ensures that the material is structured and formatted logically and resolves inconsistencies. May review work of other technical editing staff members.
4. May prepare cost estimates, including costs for graphics, word processing, and reproduction.
5. Monitors job progress and alerts responsible supervisor when schedules appear to be in jeopardy. May write progress reports.
6. Maintains document and resource files (photo/slide/viewgraph), including Office Style Guide.
7. Develops presentation and display materials, as required.
8. Assists other technical editing staff, as required.
Technical writing and editing skills normally acquired through specialized education/training in English, journalism, or communications
Thorough knowledge of grammatical rules, spelling, composition, and style
Ability to perform substantive edits and write original text
Basic vocabulary of the technical disciplines
On-line editing, and possibly desktop publishing, capability
Comprehensive knowledge of current production methods and techniques, including graphics, word processing, and photographic processes
Knowledge of basic publication cost estimating/reporting methods
Effective leadership skills
Good oral communication skills
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Santiago, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Sobre la empresa
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.